Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, January 18, 2014

New Year, new projects



This year is going to be one full of crafts and creativity, I have decided. So, to start the year I have been taking part in the Crochet mood blanket which was created by Stacey on Instagram.
The idea is to crochet one granny square every day (or week) with a colour that coincides with your mood, so at the end of the year you have enough squares for a lovely big multicoloured blanket!
I've been crocheting one square a day and chose to make solid granny squares (you can find a very easy to follow pattern for these here) and to join them daily so I could watch them grow.

It's lovely to search through the hash-tag crochetmoodblanket2014 and see what everyone else has chosen to do and all the beautiful colours they're using and there is also a facebook group for those taking part / looking for inspiration!


So far I'm up to 18 squares, which will be the total length of squares along, so as of tomorrow I'm on row two! It's amazing how quickly this is coming together already and each square reminds me of particular days. It's not too late to join in with this project, there's always time to catch up!

I'll be posting some blanket updates throughout the year and have lots of other projects in mind to blog about, is anyone else participating in any cool projects like this?


0 comments: